BULLETIN BOARD

Update (9/7/2015):
Hi there! :D Welcome to YourShoppingKaki.

Advertise here: Brand new promo!

Upcoming contests:
TBA

Launched on 1/12/2010:
New affiliate website "Pasar Night" - a reselling platform for online shoppers!


Get linked on YSK!
If you would like me to link your blogshop, please read this webpage: "LINK ME".
:) We link dozens of new blogshops about twice a month!

9/9/09: We've gone Dot Com!
Welcome to www.yourshoppingkaki.com :)
If unable to enter via .com, please access our website using www.yourshoppingkaki.blogspot.com.

Featured Stores

Events & Bazaar Announcements

Featured Stores


ZenZen DreamAdvertise with YSK

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

YSK's Blogshop of the Month: September

Hello darlings! :)

If you've stuck by Your Shopping Kaki through thick and thin and from the beginning (which means February this year in this insanely fast-paced world), you'll remember that amidst our pre-improvement navigation system, somewhat wonky blog formatting, and severe lack of publicity chops that we had one truly sweet, pothole-free memory: our very first Blogshop of the Month.

Well, that was before democracy got wind of the award, and now the Blogshop of the Month is a bi-monthly voting contest - where readers nominate blogshops, and then more readers vote for the one that deserves the bragging rights. (In fact, if you scroll down to the bottom of this blog right now, you'll see a poll at the bottom where you can click to vote!)

So anyway, I guess what I'm trying to get at, is that I haven't personally chosen a Blogshop of the Month since March - and now that it's September and five months down the line, Your Shopping Kaki has found another blogshop worthy of this prestigious title.

I hereby declare Jessabella's Plus Size Stealz as Your Shopping Kaki's Blogshop of the Month of September 2009! :)

Founded by 30-year-old fashion-lover Jessica Sng Yit Fong, Jessabella's Plus Size Stealz is truly a reflection of the charisma and generosity of this UK18 mother of two.


Pictured: Jessica Sng, owner of Jessabella's Plus Size Stealz

You know how sometimes you stumble upon precious but lesser-hyped blogshops, and you start wondering, "Golly, why haven't I found this blog before?" Jessabella's Plus Size Stealz is one of those little treasures that all plus-sized babes should bookmark, subscribe, and stalk every day!

Unlike most plus-size stores (whether online or offline), which are really overpriced because the plus-size community is a minority - so we tend to have to pay more because we don't have as much choice, and sometimes sellers take advantage of that! So, you can imagine how Jessabella's Plus Size Stealz gave me a little shocker with its wonderfully affordable price tags. I even saw the same dresses I've seen in plus-size e-stores for three times the price!

Things are best explained through examples - so, for example, I bought a pair of denim shorts for RM24. Yup, you read that right: RM24! The quality was ace, the fit was perfect. Another example: a really good quality floral dress, with lining and flawless hemming, for like RM28. Having grown accustomed to shopping online and places like Sungei Wang Plaza, I've also grown accustomed to not minding about the quality of affordable items (worst cases: unfinished hemming, or straps that just tear off, lol!). So when I received my purchases and my mum pointed out all the fantastic-ness of the quality, I was pretty much amazed and thrilled. And none of the colour ran when washed. Also, contrary to the online-shopping risk that the item may not look as nice as it does in the photos, the items from this blogshop are so much nicer in real life. No disappointments!

But if you haven't heard of Jessabella's Plus Size Stealz and think its a quiet little place, I have to warn you that things get sold out really quickly! It's like the Pumpkin/Miss OCD/Room8008 of the plus-sized community. :D And as bummed as I am that I didn't find it sooner, I couldn't wait to share this treasure with my fellow plus-sized readers! :) And to our smaller-sized comrades, you can buy clothes from this blogshop as gifts for your plus-sized friends or relatives too. :)

Oops, I just realised how much I typed. I tend to gabble on when I'm excited. :P Without further ado, here's a short interview I did with this blogshop! :)


Q&A with Jessica Sng
Owner of Jessabella's Plus Size Stealz
  • YSK: Why did you set up your blogshop?
  • Jessica: As I've always loved fashion but my size have been increasing from UK12 to now finally UK18 since married and giving birth, I started searching for more fashionable clothes that can fit my new body size. Before marriage, all salary always spent on myself so i could always afford branded plus size clothings from DP, Topshop, Marks & Spencer's & such but now salary gotta spend on baby & family stuff so less money to buy branded items. Due to this, I thought since I am always on the search for affordable and fashionable plus size items for myself, why not buy bulk and set up my own blogshop?
  • YSK: What is the driving force behind this blogshop?
  • Jessica: As written in my blog, my hope is that every plus size girl in Malaysia to have access to affordable yet fashionable outfits.
  • YSK: What are your significant memories so far from this blogshop? :)
  • Jessica: Significant memories ...
  • Sad - Really unhappy that there are still so many buyers who've confirmed orders, then re-reserved again at their request even though reservation period ends and last minute go MIA, worst case is when agreed to meet up for COD then just don't turn up and turn off the hp
  • Touching - after meeting you. I've never expected to be linked up with a reknowed site like YSK. I was so touched when you first wrote to me and really happy that you are happy with your purchase!
  • Sweet - When buyers are happy with their purchase and send me their photos of how they look wearing my clothes!
  • YSK: What kind of clothes are available at your website and what is the price range?
  • Jessica: Expect to find all sorts of maxi / short / medium length dresses, blouses, leggings, pants, shorts, cardigans....etc all for sizes from UK10 to UK16 (small size in my definition) up to UK16 to UK24 (normal size in my definition), Soon will add on fashion bags, earrings and fashion accessories. Price range is normally from RM14 to RM38, nothing more than RM40!
  • YSK: Where are you based and do you COD?
  • Jessica: I'm staying Setia Eco Park, Shah Alam and yes I do COD FOC in Shah Alam and Subang Jaya areas. For areas in Puchong and Damansara, there is a small COD charge of RM3 :)
Read enough? :D
Be warned: Their stocks get quickly sold out,
but they bring in new stocks frequently!

So go check it out yourself! :D You won't regret it.
*Click to visit Jessabella's Plus Size Stealz!*




Happy Shopping!
Your Shopping Kaki :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails