Want to link Your Shopping Kaki? :D
Save the picture above, or copy the code below:
Want me to link your blogshop? :)
1. Do link me up first, hehe! ;) It doesn't have to be the YSK logo above - it can be on a blogroll or as a text link.
2. Email me at email@example.com once with the info below:
3. There are 10 categories to choose from:
- Email title: "LINK ME: (insert category)"
- Blog name:
- Blog URL:
- Category to be linked into: (choose one from list below)
- General Blogshops: You sell mainly clothes that are brand new from suppliers. These are not clothes or items you have bought from retail stores.
- Vintage: You sell mainly vintage clothes, bags, accessories, etc. Key word is "Vintage".
- Pre-owned/Reselling: You sell second-hand items. Does not matter if you've used them or not.
- Pre-Orders: You sell pre-order items that you don't have stock on-hand for.
- Ready Stocks: Items from the pre-order category that you have stock on-hand of.
- Bags, Shoes & Books: You sell mainly bags, shoes, and/or books.
- Accessories & Custom-made: You sell accessories like jewellery, trinkets, and/or custom-made or hand-made items.
- Plus-Sized: You sell mainly plus-size clothing.
- For Dudes & Tots Too: You sell mainly items for men and/or children.
- Lingerie, Swimwear, Cosmetics, Perfumes & Miscellaneous: Title is self-explanatory :D
If you want to create your own linking button:
Over the past year, I think I've received over fifty e-mails asking me the same question: "How do I create a linking button?"
One of my teachers used to say that when one person in a class has a question, that means twenty others are wondering the same thing - so I'm guessing, if I multiply the number of you who actually have emailed me asking the question... there's probably a lot of you who would like to know how to create your very own linking button. :)
So here's some tech support to the rescue! :D
This is my html code:
As of 23rd December 2009, I've switched to host my picture on blogger instead,as my Imageshack bandwidth gets frequently exceeded and the image banned! :(
Whoops, please ignore the " | " line at the end of the first paragraph. Apart from the little screenshot typo, all you have to do is copy the same html code and modify three parts:
- Where it says my website's URL, change it to yours.
- Where it says "Your Shopping Kaki", change it to your blog name.
- Where it says my image's direct URL (which I'm using Imageshack to host), change it to your own image's direct URL. It's the part that starts with "http://img73.imageshack..." and ends with "...linkingyourshoppingkaki.jpg".
I hope that helps any of you reading this. :) And if you have any questions at all related to a linking button, please leave it below as a comment so that others can see the question (and my answer) as well. :)
FAQ about blog update problems
Oh, and another question I get asked a lot is: "Why aren't my blog updates showing on your blogroll?" Well, first, make sure that I've linked you - if I've sent you an e-mail saying I've linked you, that means I've linked you. Otherwise, I haven't.
If I've linked you but your blog updates aren't being detected, try these steps:
- Go to your Blogger Dashboard
- Click the "Settings" tab
- Click the "Site Feed" tab
- Allow blog feed: Select "Full"
- Leave everything else blank. Do not, I repeat, do not redirect your feed to your Feeburner URL. Unless your website is a dot com one, in which case you need a specific feed URL.
- To be sure, test it out for yourself - add a "blogroll" on your blog's sidebar and link your own blog. Update a test post, hit refresh, and see if your update is detected! :D
Say "Yay!" if this blog post has helped you! :)
Your Shopping Kaki :)
Your Shopping Kaki :)