BULLETIN BOARD

Update (9/7/2015):
Hi there! :D Welcome to YourShoppingKaki.

Advertise here: Brand new promo!

Upcoming contests:
TBA

Launched on 1/12/2010:
New affiliate website "Pasar Night" - a reselling platform for online shoppers!


Get linked on YSK!
If you would like me to link your blogshop, please read this webpage: "LINK ME".
:) We link dozens of new blogshops about twice a month!

9/9/09: We've gone Dot Com!
Welcome to www.yourshoppingkaki.com :)
If unable to enter via .com, please access our website using www.yourshoppingkaki.blogspot.com.

Featured Stores

Events & Bazaar Announcements

Featured Stores


ZenZen DreamAdvertise with YSK

Saturday, February 8, 2014

XXL Your Way to a Bigger Wardrobe

by Cynthia Lee (Guest Blogger)


I was first introduced to the term 'plus size' when I was introduced to this wonderful world of blogshopping. It was also through my 'plus size' editor that I got to know that there's like a myriad of plus size website to browse. And it's from this wonderful world of online blogshopping did I get to know the rest of my 'plus size' friends online!

We comprises of a few sizes! From a UK10, to 12, 16 and 20  and yet looking awesomely hot and trendy! XD And I must say we have each other acquired some distinguished taste in dressing up like a diva despite the sizes!

If you are a keen online shopper and a plus size of course, the name Mis Claire shouldn't be sounding too unfamiliar for you. A new brand sprouted from the ever famous Aishop, Mis Claire is the brand that caters to those in the range of XL and above. 


It all started from Aishop where the plus size collection are gaining popularity among plus size girls wanting to dress up like any other girls, with the addition of a bigger cut.

Just like any ordinary sized girls, we plus sized girls too want to be stylish and be in-the-trend. Especially if you love being in front of your own camera =P
I for sure love to be in front of the camera, mine or other people's camera inclusive!
2 years back I was a UK10-12. Last year onwards I have become a UK14. Life could be too good I assume. Besides Asos being my main source, Mis Claire is a great platform to get all your basics in the shortest time frame.

What Can You Expect?
Clothes to fit those slightly plus size to seriously plus size (but still awesome!) Imagine from L to 8XL. From basic daily wear up to office wear and plus size Muslimah wear, it pretty much covers your daily wardrobe need ;)
Gotten my the lace singlet and the safety pants from the previous Aishop plus size collection.
The now Mis Claire also carries a whole paddle-pop of colorful skinny pants for us with bigger thigh and waist.

Check these colorful range here : KENDRIA

I am not a pants / jeans / jeggings person, but when you see a fitting one, it's hard to resist and I love pairing pants with super high heels. Like this ;

Delina Plus size skinny jeans (sizes up to 9XL) paired with Agape Boutique 2 toned heel.

If hard material is not your type of wear, then try the leggings in equally fun shades too! I seriously prefer leggings than actual pants (jeans / skinnies inclusive!) as you can easily squat and sit cross-legged without having to have your pants being stretched waist down when you do those acts >.<


Bright colored leggings is a must have basics to spice up the wardrobe!

Check 'em out : Candy Colored Leggings  at RM19.80 only!

On a more serious note, let's look at something more practical for work or proper outing where modesty is required =P

I intended to get this paisley lace dress top to match with my own black kurung skirt and make this my Thursday working ensemble =D
Turns out it actually looks great to be worn on it''s own too. As I am not chesty enough chest part of the dress top is slightly big for me at XL. It fits a XXL and above better with its stretch-ability and for chest above 40 inches. I got the longer version - Feona Paisley Lace. There is a shorter one too in case you are slightly below 160cm or prefer something shorter  ;)



Go from a modest to modern look with this awesome dress top!

This pretty Paisley top comes in 2 lengths - Feona -the shorter version and Celine - the longer version


Long tops are a great basic to have in your wardrobe too. It's a perfect match with leggings on a lazy days. These that I have gotten from Mis Claire comes with asymetrical hemline. Such hemlines are great to give a more elongated height (yes, I do need that much!) And since I am not really that tall to start with, I can actually pull this off as a dress on it's own too. Of course on other days where I may have appointment with the government agencies, I would normally convert this into a kurung top paired with a mermaid maxi =D


Rosey fish tail top worn on its own as a dress =D


The Rosey fish tail top fits up to 2XL


Here's another long top with fishtail / dip hemming from Mis Claire - Melby Fishtail Top













While there is a lot of perception that these prints are normally worn by Muslimah by pairing it with a maxi skit, I beg to differ!
These prints are great to be worn on it's own or to match with plain leggings. For my case, lesser is better of course :P






Worn the Melby Fishtail Top as a mini dress for work ;)


Great pairing with skinny pants if it's too short for you 

Over the years I guessed I have ballooned up quite a lot from a UK10 and now a UK14-16 and looking for clothes is getting more difficult, especially when one is a fashion junkie. Shopping in overseas' online site is the best bet but buying is pounds in not cost-savvy! Hence I always turn back to our local online shops for fashion-on-a-budget :) 

Mis Claire have all the basics for plus size girls that can be mix and match with your own clothing wear. You just got to be creative in mix-and-match and find a style that fits you. Bear in mind yeah, just because you are slightly bigger in size, hiding your body under a big batwing top does not make you any slimmer! You might as well flaunt it and live the rest of the day loving what you have on those bods of yours :)






Mis Claire - the platform for you if you are a XL - 8XL ;)


Shop : Mis Claire
Website   |    Facebook 



Happy Shopping!!
By Cynthia Lee (a.k.a YSK Guest Blogger)
Edited by YourShoppingKaki









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails