BULLETIN BOARD

Update (9/7/2015):
Hi there! :D Welcome to YourShoppingKaki.

Advertise here: Brand new promo!

Upcoming contests:
TBA

Launched on 1/12/2010:
New affiliate website "Pasar Night" - a reselling platform for online shoppers!


Get linked on YSK!
If you would like me to link your blogshop, please read this webpage: "LINK ME".
:) We link dozens of new blogshops about twice a month!

9/9/09: We've gone Dot Com!
Welcome to www.yourshoppingkaki.com :)
If unable to enter via .com, please access our website using www.yourshoppingkaki.blogspot.com.

Featured Stores

Events & Bazaar Announcements

Featured Stores


ZenZen DreamAdvertise with YSK

Monday, October 14, 2013

Is Ombre Still In?

By Cynthia Lee (Guest Blogger)

Well, I seriouslt don't know about you guys, but I am definitely HOOKED! Ever since I went ombre with Michelle of Supermodel's Secrets in Point Cut Hair Saloon, I just love having colourful hair! Read about our first time here: You Ombre I Ombre


The first attempt at Point Cut.

The second try with hints of red.

Point Cut has always been my go-to salon. The main reason being that I hate negotiating with hairstylist who picks on your hair and keep nagging that it needs nourishment and I need to pay for treatment and stuff. And since they have yet to pester me for the past 5 years or so, I guess it's a place where I can go without having to practise my declining speech. ;)

This time around I wanted the same thing - ombre in shades of peacock - purple and blue! I was also deciding between half head or a full one like this;


Any non-standard coloured ombre hair would normally start with a session of bleach before the colours are put in.

Bleached off half my hair. =D

The stylist can do your hair as per your request, or based on his/her own inspiration! This is what my stylist came up with:

Streaks of pink appear out of nowhere!

Three hours later, here I am with my 'My Little Pony' inspired ombre hair!

Feeling like a Unicorn!

Here's an up close of what's in it =D

There's pink, blue and purple which turned green

The pink was done in a manner where it's hidden underneath. Hence from the external, it looked like I have a shade of blue and green. =)

The blue and green shade with purple nowhere to be seen.

The streaks of pink that's tucked behind. ;)

This is how they did it (not my hair here!) Don't you love the bright shiny pink!?

Matching hairstyle with my Monster High dolls!

I love the result of my third attempt into ombre hair! I am not sure what my boss is going to say since I am in the corporate line and am required to see corporate clients, but hey! Creative people can't be confined to only single toned hair! My hair may look crazy but I am sane and productive okay! ;)
I am tempted to do a side-cut though. ;)

So, are you tempted? If you are on a budget, this is the place to go. Got mine done in Point Cut for RM200 to include recoloring of the roots, bleaching and the ombre session of course!

Ombre-fy your mane at Point Cut Hair Salon!

Happy Shopping!
Cynthia (a.k.a Guest Blogger for YSK)
Edited by YourShoppingKaki :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails