BULLETIN BOARD

Update (9/7/2015):
Hi there! :D Welcome to YourShoppingKaki.

Advertise here: Brand new promo!

Upcoming contests:
TBA

Launched on 1/12/2010:
New affiliate website "Pasar Night" - a reselling platform for online shoppers!


Get linked on YSK!
If you would like me to link your blogshop, please read this webpage: "LINK ME".
:) We link dozens of new blogshops about twice a month!

9/9/09: We've gone Dot Com!
Welcome to www.yourshoppingkaki.com :)
If unable to enter via .com, please access our website using www.yourshoppingkaki.blogspot.com.

Featured Stores

Events & Bazaar Announcements

Featured Stores


ZenZen DreamAdvertise with YSK

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Product Review: Hadanomy Collagen Mist

By Cynthia Lee (Guest Blogger)

Product: Hadanomy Collagen Mist

Available at: Supermodels Secrets

Price: RM49



When I was 14 years old, there weren't any BB creams. At the time, there were also no YouTube videos on how to create smoky eyes and no Lady Gaga inspired make-up tutorials. Today, most 14-year-old girls probably owns a basic set of make-up. And with the help of YouTube and many other blogs that you can Google up, it sn't hard to start young these days in learning how to dress up or acquiring make-up skills.

The thing about starting young is that, most probably you will be repeating the routine for another 50 more years of your life. People always say, cosmetics is bad for our skin, especially over the years. Well, in many situations, a lot of us, especially when you are in the working world and in the service industry, it is considered 'hazardous' to have a public display of your flaws like breakout or tired eyes and chapped lips - because you may cause potential clients to lose appetite (if you are serving food) or mood (if you are trying to promote healthy skin program when yours isn't as healthy). That is just how cruel the real world is. Sometimes..

I for instance, never step out to work without a full regime of skin care and make up. Because just between you and me, I think I look scary enough to make people lose appetite and mood =(

the working 'mask'

the 'I-sometimes-perform-too' make-up and camwhoring make-up

It doesn't do much good that our tropical climates here (along with pollution!) creates extra hazardous conditions for our skin. Problems such as enlarged pores, breakouts, uneven skin tones and pigmentation is most probably some of the common skin condition that no girls want to encounter.

With the kind of torture that I put onto my skin and also that I have started late in anti-ageing skin regime (I am 33 this year), at any time possible I try to compensate the many years I left my face without proper care by doing constant mask session at home and regular facials. Once in a while when budget is sufficient I splurge on SKII =D On a regular routine, I try to make do with anything that can maintain, if not improve, my skin elasticity (I am old, remember?) because I really don't want to look 45 when I barely touch the 35-bar yet!

One of the main ingredients in maintaining skin elasticity and it's suppleness is collagen. You can buy collagen drinks in most pharmacy. I personally have tried the Meiji Amino Collagen powder which I bought during a trip to Japan. If there are any blogshops that sell this online, leave a comment please! =D

Meiji Amino Collagen powder for consumption which is everywhere in Japan's pharmacy 
but cannot find locally =(

As I am not office bound, it's pretty difficult for me to scoop a spoon of the powder to be mixed into drinks on daily basis. And I don't think I would look cool to be seen at the Starbucks' counter trying to pour a spoonful of white powder into my latte and stir vigorously. Some people are also hesitant to have it consumed as different collagen comes from different sources - algae to soy protein or fish, of which some may have allergy to.

So when I saw that Supermodel's Secrets is now selling Hadanomy Collagen Mist, which doesn't require anything to be spooned into the mouth, I instantly bought a bottle to try. =D

250ml retailing at RM49 (shipping not included)



the scary real self  and my first bottle of Collagen Mist

What is this bottle of thing?
A Japanese product, the Hadanomy Collagen Mist contains moisturizing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, honey extract and of course the much needed micro-sized collagen particles. A whole 1000mg of those micro collagen in a bottle!

What is the texture like and how does it feel?
When sprayed on, it leaves a very pleasant mild rose scent. Totally not overpowering at all. The fine mist feels slightly sticky upon sprayed onto face. But the stickiness doesn't last. 

When and how do you use it?
  • Personally, as I desperately wanted to let the collagen to seep into my skin as much as possible, I use it immediately after I wash my face with warm water. I personally believe those very few minutes after you wash your face with warm water, pores are still open and that would be the best time to get it infused with lots of collagen! After a good spray of it, I will gently slap pat on face to ensure better absorption. The patting is also a good form as massage for the face ;) Only after that, I will then proceed with moisturizer and other form of beauty products.
  • It is also said that you can apply at any time of the day for a quick hydration fix. However, I rarely do that as I have pretty good amount of make up on and it don't think it will do me much benefits. However, if you are always on the go and seldom uses make up, then yes, it will be a quick pep to the skin.
  • Then you may ask, what if you use toner? I have not mention toner in my application as I do not use toner =D I only use toner after cleaning my face from make up to remove any extra traces of dirt and make up. For my morning regime, I skipped toner, as I would like to believe the last traces of dirt have been removed the night before. Hence I immediately spray on the mist after face wash, before I proceed to moisturising. I don't think there will be an issue to use it after toner though. The patting and running of fingers on the face will  assist to ensure absorption anyway.

Does it work?
You cannot expect miracles to exert from a single application. Generally, I would say the skin does feel slightly plump (not fat kind of plump, but slightly springy) which is a good sign! It means that either your skin's elasticity is maintained or perhaps slightly revived. And of course, a quick spray of any form of mist always do good for a quick fix of moisture. But be sure not to do that when  your face is slathered with sweat under the scorching hot sun. 

I am now into my second bottle and am glad to say the Hadanomy Collagen Mist will stay on my list of daily beauty routine.

comes in a 250ml bottle (the large one) 
and the limited edition heart shaped bottle (while stock last)

If you think you need a boost of collagen like I do, head on to Supermodel's Secrets and read more about it here: HADANOMY COLLAGEN MIST!


Note :
I am not a dermatologist and the above comments are merely opinions derived from my experience in using the product. As I am also a person who rarely read instructions, please do go ahead to the page and read more on this ;)


Happy Shopping!
By Cynthia (a.k.a Guest Blogger for YSK)
Edited by YourShoppingKaki

3 comments:

Athirah Huda said...

Hi, you can get Meiji collagen drink from Sasa.com(they always have the free delivery worlwide promo;subscribe to their mailing list) and ebay as well :) just type in Meiji Amino Collagen in the search box. Best of luck!

zarina said...

Hi...cam mana nak oder hadamony mist?

zarina said...

Hi macam mana nak dapatkan hadamony mist?a.zarina71@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails