BULLETIN BOARD

Update (9/7/2015):
Hi there! :D Welcome to YourShoppingKaki.

Advertise here: Brand new promo!

Upcoming contests:
TBA

Launched on 1/12/2010:
New affiliate website "Pasar Night" - a reselling platform for online shoppers!


Get linked on YSK!
If you would like me to link your blogshop, please read this webpage: "LINK ME".
:) We link dozens of new blogshops about twice a month!

9/9/09: We've gone Dot Com!
Welcome to www.yourshoppingkaki.com :)
If unable to enter via .com, please access our website using www.yourshoppingkaki.blogspot.com.

Featured Stores

Events & Bazaar Announcements

Featured Stores


ZenZen DreamAdvertise with YSK

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Product Review: Diva Essential - The Datin Series Part 3

Product Review: CARMEX
By Cynthia Lee (Guest Blogger)

You either know it or you don't at the mention of CARMEX. In my case, I have no clue at all. At the sound of it, I thought Sha-Lene wanted to introduce some fuel lubricant products for my car =D But the size of it seems tad too small to start up the engine =P

I have never been a fan of lip balm, lip gloss and lipsticks. I always feel that lipsticks application makes me look like a school teacher teaching Science in the 70s (yah, I have some bad childhood memories =P). Of late, I have extended the BB cream and foundation application to my lips too. And I looked almost mouthless with the matte appearance of a nude lip. But I still refuse to look like a Science teacher =S

The next best choice would be lip gloss, to give the sheer but glossy effect. But I talk as much as I eat (or I may eat as much as I talk?) It didn't work as well too as it either creates chapped lips since I do talk a lot in my job with no interval to quench thirst. And I always ended up with dry lips with flakes of skin mixed with the dry gloss too.

And so I was introduced to the petrol lubricant Carmex, the old school lip balm from the USA. Apparently many of my friends gotten to know about the existence of this balm. Except me =( According to the information from the packaging, an Alfred Woelbeing invented Carmex lip balm in the early 1930s! And for the last 10 years, CARMEX are most probably the fastest selling lip balm in the USA's pharmacies, hence the recognition as the No.1 lip balm as recommended by pharmacist. You need to buy a tube of the lip balm from Supermodel's Secrets to read the rest of the history =)

In my whole life, I have had only 2 sticks of lip balm previously where one actually expired in my bag. And another melted in the car. And this is my 3rd attempt to using a lip balm. Which is pretty pleasant. Extremely smooth when applied. It glides on effortlessly and only a single application to last you through a mouthful of words, a glass of coffee, and perhaps a bowl of noodles. I've had some bad experience of lip balms that 'exfoliate' the skin when I press my lips, which is a real turn off ;(

As the tagline says 'It Soothes. It Heals. It Protects'. It really does. And for the price that is it retailing at in Supermodel's Secrets, no wonder it's selling like hot cakes.

Comes in stick or tube form


I especially love the tube form! My first time seeing lip balm (read: not lip gloss) in semi-liquid form =D

Head on to Supermodel's Secrets now to get your hand on a tube or a stick immediately before it's finished. This is their second restocking after having great response :)

I am glad to say that I am now a CARMEX convert and love it so much that I hope the tube is as big as this!! =D =D

I've gotten my Carmex. Have you?

The below are most probably not the most flattering picture that I can show to the universe. Please do not hate me for showing flabs and bulges. But hey, if I have the best asset to flaunt, I most probably will not need to proceed to the following item which I will be reviewing in my next Datin series ;)

Can you guess what will I be reviewing next? Perhaps the Magic Bra Pad? =P

I have gotten the 'mysterious' item when I visited Supermodel's Secrets during the recent Pick N Grab 10.
My spree!
Bags and ear studs from my favourite store - SurvivalStore
And spot the blue piece of thing below the Carmex! You either stay tune here till next month perhaps, or stalk Supermodel's Secrets website the coming week to catch the updates ;)


*Supermodel's Secrets Beauty Store"

SS Gallery: 1st Floor, 41A, Jalan SS 15/4B, Subang Jaya
 +6016 280 1990 (SMS/Whatsapp)

 @supermodels_secrets


Happy Shopping!
Cynthia a.k.a Guest Blogger for YSK
Edited by YourShoppingKaki

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails