BULLETIN BOARD

Update (9/7/2015):
Hi there! :D Welcome to YourShoppingKaki.

Advertise here: Brand new promo!

Upcoming contests:
TBA

Launched on 1/12/2010:
New affiliate website "Pasar Night" - a reselling platform for online shoppers!


Get linked on YSK!
If you would like me to link your blogshop, please read this webpage: "LINK ME".
:) We link dozens of new blogshops about twice a month!

9/9/09: We've gone Dot Com!
Welcome to www.yourshoppingkaki.com :)
If unable to enter via .com, please access our website using www.yourshoppingkaki.blogspot.com.

Featured Stores

Events & Bazaar Announcements

Featured Stores


ZenZen DreamAdvertise with YSK

Monday, November 9, 2009

Studfest '09: DIY ideas tried & tested!

Singfest, Freedom Film Fest ...
Studfest '09.

What's life without music, art & fashion? :D


Studded dress by Diane von Furstenberg

Studfest '09 isn't so much an event as it is a phenomena.
Basically, if you see Serena Van Der Woodsen & Blake Lively wearing studs onscreen and off -
you know it's The Real Deal. :P



What if I told you that when it comes to studs...
you can make your own fashion dreams come true? :D


Chanel-inspired quilted bag from Bagz Pool, RM43 (RM49 including Pos Laju)
Studs from
Eff Bombs & ABitofEverywhere, about RM30 worth of studs in total (200+ studs)

See what I mean? :D

If someone like me can DIY a collection of her own studded things,
and by "someone like me" I mean that I'm really useless when it comes to
sewing, stitching, threading a needle, switching on the sewing machine, etc -
so this means that anyone can stud! :D
This is one fun project you don't need skills for :)

All you need are:

Studs and things that can be studded :D
(If you're looking to buy studs online, they're available at Eff Bombs & ABitofEverywhere)

Once you start studding, you'll realise that the possibilities are endless ;)
You can scatter those studs on to shoes, jackets, blazers, vests, dresses, tops, jumpsuits,
bags, shorts, belts, skirts, bracelets, necklaces, notebooks, keychains ...
Be inspired! :D








Pictures credited to Lookbook, fashion blogs, ASOS, WhoWhatWear & other hits on Google :P

There are no limits (until you run out of studs, that is!)
and it's just so much fun! :D


WARNING


But before you do any studding, always remember that studs are sharp!
Once, in my carelessness (read: watching TV while studding something) -
the sharp pointy end of a stud went under my fingernail,
and there was like blood everywhere. :P
Hahahha I'm just kidding. But there was blood and it was painful!
So please be careful :D

Happy Shopping!
Your Shopping Kaki :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sha-Lene, hi! I was wondering how do you poke the studs thru the material? U mean u just use your finger/hands? No tools?

I think it's cool!

Thought of buying em but not sure how to DIY? :)

Your Shopping Kaki said...

Hi Nina! :) Yupp I just use my fingers, hands and brute force :P

There is studding equipment you can buy online though. Or maybe in hardware stores. Haha.

Unknown said...

I used to 'kebas' my sister's DIY stud tools, and then a fren 'kebas' from me... now i don't know where to get the tools :(

I pity u lar, sampai bleeding ur fingers!

U think they sold them tools in hardware stores? Senang pakai hammer & plier jer... hahaha....

Tammy ♥ said...

i DIY-ed my old denim skirt with the studs i bought frm eff bombs.

it looked brand new! but unfortunately, the studs actually rusted when i washed skirt.

when it rusted, the area around the studs will have the orangey-rust colour... totally spoilt my skirt.

but i still can wear the skirt and i love it.

my next project will be buying those super cheap rubi shoes and stud it!

L said...

hey. want some opinion. which looks better. silver stud on black or gold stud on black? i want to buy this cardigan from ladies fashion, the cardigan's colour is black. so i dont knw which to choose frm gold stud or silver.

Your Shopping Kaki said...

Hi L,

I think both silver or gold would look nice - so it depends on which one you prefer! :) I personally prefer silver :D

But note the comment above yours - it looks like the studs will rust once it goes into the wash... so if you're gonna stud your cardigan, be sure you don't wash it! :P

Unknown said...

Sha-Lene,

I just bought a few gun metal studs frm eff-bombs. Gotta give credits to eff-bombs for the efficient and fast reply & delivery!!! I just ordered online at 12:30pm and i get them at 2:30pm.... COD... hehehe... luckily my house just nearby Centrepoint Bandar Utama!

Once i got them studs, i decorated my hand gloves! They looked COOL! next project, putting them on my boots!

Related Posts with Thumbnails